Some of Mark’s disclosable disputes and litigation include the following matters:
- representing the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (former Financial Ombudsman Service) in the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry;
- commencing and defending multiple urgent interlocutory applications, including injunctive and other relief;
- assisting clients in connection with “board spills” and other contentious corporate governance disputes;
- acting for OZ Minerals Holdings Pty Ltd defending multiple claims and cross-claims as part of a major class action;
- representing various clients in proceedings relating to insurance coverage matters;
- acting on behalf of the former CEO of Asahi Beverage Group’s Australian subsidiary (Flavoured Beverages Group Holdings) in his defence of multiple cross-claims arising out of the major dispute between Asahi, Pacific Equity Partners and Unitas;
- representing various clients in an international arbitration in relation to an earn-out and post-merger dispute;
- advising and representing clients in their response to investigations by various regulatory bodies, including the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, Australian Taxation Office, Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission;
- providing advice to corporate clients in relation to actual or potential disputes arising out of mergers and acquisitions;
- acting for numerous former directors in various disputes arising out of the corporate collapses of Bill Express and the Banksia Securities Group;
- prosecuting and defending oppression proceedings for large corporate and small individual clients;
- acting for ANZ in connection with the high-profile corporate collapses of Primebroker Securities Limited and Opes Prime Group Limited; and
- representing a large banking client in relation to misuse of confidential information and breach of duties under the Corporations Act in relation to a former financial adviser.
Mark graduated from the University of Tasmania in 2003 with a Bachelor of Laws with Honours, and a Bachelor of Commerce.