Examples of some transactions that Robert has advised on include:
- advising Healthcare Australia on its disposal to Crescent Capital private equity;
- advising Healthcare Australia on multiple transactions, including its purchase of Wellness & Lifestyle Group, Medic Oncall, Positive Rehab, Employ-ease vocation and Randstad’s “care” recruitment business;
- advising SunDoctors (a portfolio business of Crescent Capital) on its roll-up of various skin-cancer clinics;
- advising Advent Partners private equity group on its investment into Tribe Brewing and other bolt on acquisitions and capital raises, including its acquisition of Mornington Peninsula Brewery;
- advising Junior Adventures Group (backed by Quadrant and Advent private equity) on various transactions, including its acquisitions of Helping Hands Network and the Sherpa Kids world-wide franchise network;
- advising Sterling Talent Solutions (backed by Goldman Sachs private equity), on its separate acquisitions of RISQ Group and National Crime Check; and
- acting for the majority stakeholders of the Purebaby clothing chain to acquire remaining minority interests and a proposed private equity sale.
Acting for founders on the following sell-side roles:
- MSC Mobility’s sale to Telstra Corporation Ltd;
- BluePod Coffee on its sale to Lavazza;
- Halcyon Knights Recruitment on its sale to ASX-listed People Infrastructure Ltd;
- Fabtronics on its sale to Fluidra Group, listed on the Bolsa de Madrid;
- the sale of the ATAP and ABS brakes national franchise networks to Metcash Limited; and
- Epicon IT Solutions on a restructure and subsequent acquisition of Service Now, and subsequent sale to Telstra Corporation Ltd.
Corporate / Other
- acting for MOTUS (listed on the JSE) on its acquisition of multiple car dealerships;
- advising on the sale of Australian Air Express and Star Track Express to Qantas and Australia Post, respectively;
- advising Strides Arcolab on its acquisition of Aspen Pharmaceuticals’ Australian generic drugs and over-the-counter business;
- advising Genius Sports Limited on its acquisition of Total Betting Solutions;
- advising kikki.K on its share buy-back from ANZ Private Equity, corporate re-organisation and subsequent investment by private investors; and
- acting for McGuire Media and Dolbey Holdings in the sale of Visual Entertainment Group to Regency Media.
Robert graduated from Monash University in 2006 with a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) and a Bachelor of Commerce, with a major in Economics. He has over 13 years’ experience practising in M&A, private equity and corporate and commercial law.